Q: Where is The Anthem located?
A: The Anthem is located at 901 Wharf Street SW, Washington, DC 20024, in the District Wharf. It is behind the 900 block of Maine Avenue SW, on the waterfront.
There is no service charge at the box offices.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: All sales are final. No refunds unless a show is cancelled.
Q: What type of payment does The Anthem accept?
A: The Anthem is (mostly) cashless. The box office, bars, concessions, and coat check accept major credit cards ONLY. Merch accepts credit cards and cash. If you would like to open a tab, you can do so using the Rooam app.
Q: What is Rooam?
A: Rooam is an app that lets you pay your bar tab from your phone. Just download the app, select ‘The Anthem’, and press ‘Open Tab’. Your tab has automatically opened up at the bar. Order with the bartender and give them your Rooam ticket number. Your tab will now be visible on the Rooam app. Once the show has ended and you’re ready to go, simply press ‘Close Tab’ and your tab has been paid.
Q: Do I need ID to enter the venue?
A: An ID is required for those planning to purchase and/or drink alcohol. In compliance with DC law, anyone 21 and older who plans on drinking alcohol will need to show a valid, non-expired, government-issued photo ID. Anyone without proper ID, regardless of age, will not be permitted to buy, hold, or drink alcohol. ID is also required for Will Call pick-up and for Super Excellent Seat ticket verification (the name on the ID must match the name on the ticket).
Q: Does The Anthem offer food?
A: Yes, we offer food and snacks for sale inside the venue. Click here for the full menu.
Q: How about drinks?
A: We have a selection of beer and wine along with your favorite spirits and non-alcoholic beverages.
Q: Where and when can I pick up my Will Call tickets?
A: Our ticket office is in front of The Anthem, on the water side. The address is 901 Wharf Street SW, Washington, DC 20024. It is open 12pm-7pm daily, and until 9pm on show nights.
Q: How early can I line up?
A: The Wharf will not allow overnight queueing, but every location in the venue has a great view, so you don’t need to line up extra early. Queueing lines will be formed 1 hour prior to doors.
Q: Do you have a coat check?
A: Yes, we do. The main coat check is located on the Maine Avenue side of the venue, on the first floor.
Q: Can I bring outside food/beverage?
A: No, outside food and drinks will not be allowed inside the venue.
Q: What is your smoking policy?
A: There is no smoking or vaping allowed inside the venue. Smoking is restricted to the second floor Marquee Bar balcony.
Q: Is there reentry?
A: No, there is no reentry once you have entered the venue for a show.
Q: I have a condition / injury / handicap that requires special consideration. Is The Anthem handicap accessible? How do I purchase ADA seating?
A: Here are our ADA services:
MOBILITY ACCESSIBLE SEATING (Individuals requiring special assistance with mobility)
– People requiring mobility accessible seating should call the venue.
– People with mobility disabilities who require accessible seating because of their disability includes people who use wheelchairs, those who use other mobility devices, and people who cannot climb steps or walk long distances because of significant arthritis or severe respiratory, circulatory, or cardiac conditions.
HEARING ACCESSIBILITY (Hard of hearing/deaf individuals requiring special assistance)
– Hearing Assisted individuals: Hearing assistive devices are available for use and can be obtained at 1st level coat check (with checked ID) and returned after each performance. There is no charge for this service and devices are available on a first come first serve basis.
– Deaf/Hard of Hearing individuals: ASL interpretation is available by request only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request interpretation, which is subject to interpreter availability, at least two weeks before an event. Please note that when purchasing tickets online, select the ADA ticket option.
VISUAL ACCESSIBILITY (Visually impaired/blind individuals requiring special assistance)
– Please call The Anthem at 202-888-0020, or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Q. Can I bring my bag into the venue?
A: We would prefer that you leave bags at home, but if you must bring your bag, it will be searched and we may ask you to check it in the coat room.
Q. What CAN I bring into the venue?
A: A small purse or bag but we encourage you to bring as little as possible.
Q. Aw jeez! I left my coat/credit card/highly-confidential government documents at last night’s show! Is there any sort of lost & found?
A: Yes, we have a lost and found located in the coat check. If you have lost an item during a show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.