Age to enter: 18+ (proper identification required)
REFUND POLICY: Tickets are non-refundable.
VENUE: Hosted at Camp Ramblewood at 2564 Silver Rd in Darlington MD.
GATE TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
11am – 11pm Thursday, October 26
10am – 11pm Friday, October 27
10am – 9pm Saturday, October 28
No arrivals on Sunday October 29 – exodus/cleanup day only
***NO ARRIVALS WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER GATE CLOSING EACH NIGHT. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR PATRONS WHO ARRIVE OUTSIDE OF GATE HOURS.***
All night Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
FIREWOOD AVAILABLE ON-SITE
Firewood is available for purchase on site, located in the vendor area. Firewood is $20 per load.
DO NOT bring firewood from outside the campgrounds. This is a hazard to the plants, insects & animals indigenous to the land as it could introduce other organisms into the land that were not previously there.
Camping is permitted for all patrons & is included in your ticket price. Camping is not permitted in the parking lot. Driving to your camp site is prohibited. The walk from the on-site parking lot to the start of the campground is less than 2 minutes with the furthest end of camp being a 6 minute walk.
On-site Parking is $50 per vehicle and must be purchased through our ticketing page, as space is limited due to the increased demand this year.
Off-site Parking is $40 per vehicle and can be purchased in cash. Shuttles will be provided to transport patrons & luggage back & forth during gate hours and from 9am – 1pm on Sunday. The shuttle commute is a 4 minute ride and 1.4 miles.
Car Camping and RV/Camper Van passes are available as add-ons. If you purchase either then you are exempt from any additional parking fee.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL
A medical tent will be staffed throughout the event. If you need assistance or know someone who does you can go there or notify a member of security who can radio for help.
TICKET CHANGES & UPGRADES
Ticket changes & upgrades can be made by logging in to your Ticketing Co account at https://theticketing.co/. From there you can view your tickets, change names, or change arrival date or ticket type. Please note, payment plans will require assistance from a Ticketing Co customer service representative.
SERVICE ANIMAL POLICY
Our Service Animal/Dog policy is taken directly from Federal Statute and regulatory law. Our policy is stated below.
* Only DOGS qualify as Service Animals under Federal Law. Emotional Support Animals are not Service Animals
* Service Animals in training are not Service Animals under Federal Law.
* Service Animals MUST be wearing a “Service Animal” marked vest at ALL times.
* The Service Animal must always be in “Full Stay” command position when not performing the service for which they have been trained.
* The Service Animal must be fully trained to urinate or defecate only on the command of their human team member.
* In order to be considered a “Service Dog” under U.S. federal law, a dog must be partnered with an individual with a disability AND perform specific, trained task work to mitigate that disability. Task work is not optional. If a dog doesn’t perform task work, it is not a Service Dog. In closing, if your Service Animal is registered, wearing a marked Service Animal Vest and fully trained; you will find our staff and attendees very supportive of your teams presence.